Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Trackback and Welcome!

A hearty hello to anyone who followed me here from "The Extra-Environmentalist"!  Extra-Environmentalists, meet Apocalypse Mom, and vice versa.  For the benefit of our few readers who have been here all along, this is Thomas Daulton wrting again.  I've made a lot of progress on a new episode, can't exactly promise but there will be another ep up soon.

Another podcast I like, called "The Extra-Environmentalist", accepts voicemail Letters to the Editor via Skype. I left them a long voicemail with my favorite fiction sources, and of course I tootled my own horn by plugging this site.

My voicemail starts at the 2:15:00 mark in this episode:
http://www.extraenvironmentalist.com/episode-39-debunking-economics/
(Yes, these guys publish very long podcasts)

Just to reciprocate, I highly recommend the "Extra-Environmentalist" podcast -- in fact, I volunteered to create T-shirts with their logo for their fans!  The "Extra-Environmentalist" makes a really good compliment to Art Chupke's story, so I have added them to our favorite links on the sidebar.

The two guys who run the "Extra-Environmentalist" podcast have a great, casual, relaxed interview style which nevertheless asks hard questions -- and they select fascinating authors to interview, people who I really believe have firm perspectives on the decline and fall of our civilization. Another letter correspondent described their podcast as "All the Doom without the Gloom," and that really sums it up. The times are changin', but it doesn't necessarily have to be a tragedy. Check out the "Extra-Environmentalist" whenever you're not reading Apocalypse Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment